Supporting you on your water journey to
sustainable water management.
Waterscan Limited recognises that good environmental management and addressing the challenges of climate change must be an integral and fundamental part of its corporate business strategy.
Waterscan understands that its activities impact on the environment, both through the routine internal operations and through the supply, provision and support of its water management products and services. It acknowledges a responsibility for, and commitment to, the protection of the environment at all levels, primarily by:
- Reducing travel, through the use of technology and travelling efficiently when it is essential.
- Reducing waste and energy usage.
- Ensuring that all products, services, and activities carried out will fully comply with applicable environmental legislation and other requirements.
- Prevention of pollution, the continuous improvement of environmental performance through the engagement of all employees and drive such engagement with its supply chain.
- Ensuring as much purchased material as possible is sourced from sustainable or recycled materials.
- Setting targets and objectives, and regularly reviewing them.
- Monitoring and measuring carbon footprint with the view of reducing it.
Waterscan operates an Environmental Management System which sets out the commitments of the company, determines the environmental aspects of activities, products and services that can be controlled, those that can be influenced, their associated environmental impacts, mechanisms for managing them, plus environmental aims and targets to strive for.
The charts below detail the environmental performance of Waterscan in four key areas: gas usage,
electricity usage, water usage and CO2.
We installed solar panels to our head office in Chichester during May 2023, which now deliver around 35% of our energy requirements. Read our case study here.
Waterscan is aiming for continual improvement on its environmental performance and have set out some key aims and targets that will support the achievement of this:
- Encourage clients, suppliers and stakeholders to adopt environmental principles.
- Raise employee awareness of environmental issues and the impact each individual can have, specifically on utility usage.
- Integrate environmental objectives into relevant business decisions in a cost-effective manner undertaking an aspects and impacts assessment when business changes occur.
- Continual review of the Energy Management System and transparency by publishing environmental performance internally and externally.
- Review and implement super green energy tariffs – 100% renewable electricity and 100% carbon neutral gas.
- Employee led community initiatives such as beach clean days and volunteering at UK Harvest Food hubs.
- Introduction of new scheduling software for more efficient operations journeys.
- Replacement of technician’s vehicles with fleet of hybrid cars – during 2023.
- Develop a strategy for achieving Net Zero by 2050.
- View our Carbon Reduction Plan here.